Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Whimsical Fabric Wacky Wednesday Bundle Review

A few times a month, Whimsical Fabric and Me offers a Wacky Wednesday bundle sale. These sale offer great fabrics at a great price! What is even better, most of the time they are out of print fabrics and can be tricky to find all of the bundle fabrics in another shop.

This weeks bundle has fabric from Riley Blake Lost and Found Love. And just look at how darling it is!


Whimsical Applique has also launched some embroidery designs that are EXCLUSIVE  to Whimsical Applique and can not be found anywhere else. These have been designed to coordinate with the fabrics in this bundle and a discount can be found in Whimsical Fabric and Me.



To help promote the sale and showcase just what can be done with a bundle, I offered to buy a bundle a head of time and sew up a few projects. As soon as I saw the fabric, I knew that it would be the perfect fabric to use for a church event. Every year we have a Women's Dessert Night that is full of music, fun, food, and beautiful tables. From time to time I offer to host a table and I get the opportunity to decorate and have a little (or a lot) of creative fun!

Because I knew I wanted to make cloth napkins for nine people, I did order a little extra fabric, so here is what I ordered: 

1 full yard bundle found here
0.5 yd black/licorice
0.75 yd off white/whisper white
1.5 yd Wagon Red Shade Basics
1 yd lace (in addition to the fabric included in the bundle)
0.5 yd stripe (in addition to the fabric included in the bundle).

Now to see all of my pretties! Here is my table for the event:




For my centerpiece, I made two doll dresses for my American Girl dolls. The dolls are my childhood dolls, Samantha, and one that looks like me. The blonde doll is wearing the O+S Tea Party Dress from Little Things To Sew book. Her hair accessory is modified from the Sew Classic Clothes for Girls book. 

Samantha is wearing a modified Ellie Inspired Mini Miss Mary Mack with an added sewn in sash. Samantha has a self drafted ruffled headband.





How sweet is this little button?!?! I found it at a
little shop in Carmel, Ca on vacation a few
months ago.


To continue with the theme, I made nine total cloth napkins with a few from each fabric. Then Pinterest saved the day with this cute Christmas tree napkin folding tutorial. The pins are Modkid pins that used to be in stock at Whimsical Fabric. The snowflakes were made by my great-grandma for her Christmas tree and they are one of the only items that I received from her over the years. I love decorating with them year after year and thinking about how must have millions of Christmas stories tied up in them?!?!





Now onto the quilted table runner. I quilted once 10 years ago and haven't done any quilting since. On a recent date night, hubby and I splurged and bought hobby magazines. I found this Quilting Quickly and fell in love with the table runner. I just knew it would be simply perfect for the table centerpiece. My squares are far from perfect and it doesn't completely line up, but all together, it looks pretty decent!






Now to show you what I have left after making a table runner, two doll dresses, two doll headbands, and nine cloth napkins.

Literally scraps left from one yard of the hearts and one yard of the flowers (both are folded in half).

Right under a half yard left from 2 yards of the lace fabric.

I had 33 inches left of the 1.5 yards of  the stripe fabric. I intentionally didn't use all of this because I thought it would make a cute little skirt for Sister to wear in the spring, or maybe a button up shirt. Not sure what, but I just loved the subtle colors.

Still with me? Now that you have seen an idea of what can be done with this bundle, click on over to Whimsical Fabric and Me and buy this bundle! Also, be sure to check out the contest that you can enter by purchasing and sewing up this bundle. Then, come back to enjoy some cute kid pictures as my daughter had her own dolly and me Dessert Night the next morning.




1 comment:

  1. Swoon!! This is such a gorgeous table!! Everything looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete