Monday, September 14, 2015

Getting Ready For Halloween (Sewing through my stash)

Stash Sewing Post!

Every year I have fun so much sewing for Halloween! I don't care for the scary part of Halloween, but I love the creativity in costumes and the time spent with my little family and friends.

This year for Sister I am working on using up some of my Costume Clubhouse fabric from Whimsical Fabric. I bought this fabric a year or two ago and absolutely love it!

For her skirt, I made the Pink Fig Mimi's Maxi Skirt. For toddlers, the pattern actually is meant to go mid-calf to accommodate their running and playing. However, due to the length of the panel, I lengthened it quite a bit.


I also modified the tie to tie on the side instead of the middle for a fun accent. The skirt directions were clear and easy to follow, the only thing I had trouble with was trying to thread 2" elastic into the waistband, but then again, I am used to dealing with 3/4" elastic or smaller.




Now, in our home, no outfit is complete without a hair accessory! I have fallen simply in love with the look of accessories made with fabric. For her hair, I used the Pink Fig Accessories Pattern. The pattern includes directions and pattern pieces to make a purse, necklace, belt, and headband.





The headband was very quick to sew and was a great way to use some scraps. I didn't make the ruffle as full as most ruffles, just gathered it enough to give it a little poof. The lace is simply darling and is from a local antique store that I love to browse for lace, buttons, and other beauties! The ruffle rac is from Whimsical Fabric and I'm not going to lie, I own a yard or two of almost every color she has in stock. It is the perfect accent to so many of my projects.

The headband ties in the back which seems to be perfect for little heads, it stayed on much better than traditional headbands.

Oh, and as soon as we got outside, Sister found a ladybug. So, the ladybug joined in on the photo shoot:







No comments:

Post a Comment